Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dinner

Combining my two favorite things, food and ceramics. This is last nights dinner I made. Bacon wrapped scallops braised in bourbon butter along with an apricot chutney. sides of rice pilaf and asparagus. All on Cone 10 Soda fired porcelain. Dinner was great. The only thing I would complain about was the asparagus. although the flavor was great, i cooked them a little too long. I only have one skillet and I tried to cook them in a pot of water for a bit then quickly saute them after I finished the scallops. But in the hustle and bustle of doing all that food at the same time...the asparagus cooked a little longer in the pot of water than desired. It was just not as cripsy as I would prefer, but next time you better bet I get it right! As for the rest of it...wow...I pat my self on my back. the apricot chutney was simply stunning and couldn't have gone better with the bacon and scallops. Ok enough gloating, just thought I'd blog about my dinner break. Well now refreshed and fed, I'm back to the studio.

1 comment:

  1. that looks and sounds good I did not know you were interested in cooking.

    ReplyDelete