Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sorry for the absence

Finally 2 weeks later I am back. I spent a week down in the Philadelphia area going to ceramic conferences celebrating my birthday and spending time with my lovely girlfriend Michelle( she is the one in my profile picture). Anyways Monday and Tuesday I attended the Pre-Conference at MC3. It had simultaneous demonstrations by Christa Assad, Ron Meyers, Ellen Shankin and Andy Brayman. Along with dialogue about the sustainability of ceramics. It was a good workshop to attend with alot of interesting discussions and views on contemporary pottery. Then Wednesday thru Friday I attended NCECA in Philadelphia. It was good to see old friends.I guess I never really achieve as much out of NCECA as I anticipate. I never really find too many lectures interesting or helpful, but the galleries always turn out great. This year was no disappointment as well. I saw a lot of great work from new artists as well as familiar ones. My favorite show was at the Art Alliance on 18th and locust. Alot of clean lined and industrialized looking work. I also got a chance to eat at a great restaurant on Broad, Osteria. Michelle and I treated ourselves to a nice dinner and we were not let down in any fashion. All in all it was a good and entertaining trip, but now back to the studio where I'm supposed to be working. New pics soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment